We offer an exceptional service to all our clients, and to achieve this we require exceptional people. Our mystery shoppers are deadline driven, detail orientated, dependable, self-reliant, and very attentive. They have excellent written English skills, an eye for detail, are able to accurately and objectively record information – and always endeavor to meet deadlines and provide feedback in a timely manner. Our mystery shoppers have access to the internet and e-mail, and are able to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Video mystery shoppers have their own covert recording equipment and are proficient at using it.
YOUR ROLE AS A MYSTERY SHOPPER
As a Mystery Shopper for WHAT SA THINKS you will be responsible for visiting allocated outlets and observe the staff in the areas of customer service, selling skills, adherence to procedures and policies, product knowledge, merchandising standards or as per the assignment brief of the client. To preserve the integrity of the role, and the client’s privacy, the Mystery Shopper must remain covert at all times.
Once you have completed the mystery shopper application form, you will be added to our database of mystery shoppers. When an assignment arises in your area, that matches your profile, we will contact you via email or phone with some information about the assignment to see if you are interested. We will also do a brief telephonic interview.
All assignments are different. You may be required to visit a retail outlet and make an enquiry about a promotion or sale item or you may be required to make a purchase. Other assignments may be a website enquiry or telephonic assessment. Assignments can vary from a quick survey to a weekend stay – it all depends on what projects we are working on at the time. Each assignment requires a meticulous and conscientious approach.
For all mystery shopping assignments we will tell you in advance how much the assignment pays. If you are able to make a purchase and the goods would be something you would normally buy anyway, you may be able to keep the goods in lieu of payment. If the goods need to be returned, we will advise you of the arrangement we have made.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD MYSTERY SHOPPER?
- Some-one who has excellent observation skills.
- Are capable of remembering small details.
- Have good time-management skills.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a computer and the ability to check email often.
- Have reliable internet access and transportation.
- Have access to a scanner or digital camera.
- Interpersonal skills
- The ability to follow instructions
- Ability to articulate a circumstance without being sarcastic, abrupt or biased
- Solid work ethic
- Ability to blend in
- Ability to document their experience and observations in a comprehensive and detailed manner
- Successfully communicate in both spoken and written English
- Attend all allocated jobs at specific locations
- Maintain close observations of site personnel at all times
- Complete store visit reports accurately
- Submit store visits reports on or before the deadline date
- Submit all invoices for payment on or before the deadline date
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & BEHAVIORS
- A sound knowledge of customer service / selling skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- The ability to work to a deadline
- Professional attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Preparedness to work flexible hours
- Available on short notice